Greater Atlanta Christian School has announced the selection of one finalist, one alternate and three semi-finalists to the prestigious and highly competitive Georgia Governor’s Honor’s Program (GHP).
The GAC honorees for the 2023 Georgia Governors Honors Program are:
- Aiden Daniels (Vocal/Baritone), son of Kris and Sariah Daniels of Suwanee
- Lorelei Osborne (Vocal/Alto), daughter of Kim and Marty Standridge of Suwanee and Josh Osborne of Chamblee
- Ariana Hale (Spanish), daughter of Doyle and Yolanda Hale of Decatur
- Akhil Sarikonda (Science), son of Ravi Sarikonda and Sushma Wupendram of Norcross
- Mia Carlton (Communicative Arts), daughter of Andrew and Jenean Carlton of Atlanta
The GHP is a residential summer program for rising juniors and seniors. The program offers instruction designed to provide students with the academic, cultural and social enrichment necessary to become the next generation of global critical thinkers, innovators and leaders.
Approximately 4,200 students were nominated this year to the state-level process. Nominees compete through rounds of interviews and performances, narrowing to 1500 semi-finalists and then to approximately 700 finalists. Each of Georgia’s 12 economic development regions is represented in the selections.
The GHP program will be held at Georgia Southern University from June 18 to July 15. Students will attend classes in the mornings and afternoons in their specific area of study. Evening activities include a variety of social and instructional opportunities.