This partnership will provide crucial support for MAGISNAT to reach its goals, such as sponsorship opportunities, research and development and exploring the importance of the Mediterranean diet for health.
Atlanta Tech Park was chosen for its track record of successfully developing research projects and laying the foundation for them to grow and thrive in the U.S. market.
This prominent location in the Southeast will enable MAGISNAT to accelerate scientifically and corporately.
The event was broadcast live on the official YouTube channel of the Italian House of Deputies and the Large Café in Atlanta Tech Park. MAGISNAT’s presentation was also hosted in the Press Room of the Italian Chamber of Deputies in Rome.
It was the first time that such an important institutional body decided to host an event of scientific importance on the Mediterranean diet and natural molecules.
For more information, download the event’s brochure here.
This event was attended by leading American and Italian professors and researchers, who specialize in the study of certain pathologies and natural molecules.
The American researchers who participated in the conference, include:
- Professor Stephen T. Connelly, University of California, who is known for his studies on natural molecules and Alzheimer’s disease;
- Professor Jonh Paul SanGiovanni, BIO5 Institute and School of Nutritional Sciences and Wellness at the University of Arizona, who is studying nutrient constituents of the Mediterranean diet that are essential in dealing with conditions relating to retinal degeneration;
- Professor Peng Jin, Emory University of Atlanta, who focuses on the importance of natural molecules in the treatment of certain diseases; and
- Professor Karen L. Herbst, Department of Medicine at the University of Arizona, who is devoting herself to the study of lipoedema, and how the Mediterranean diet is among the possible treatments for this condition.
The Italian researchers who participated in the event, include:
- Professor Benedetto Falsini, Institute of Ophthalmology at the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, who is working on nutrition in hereditary retinal degeneration;
- Professor Amerigo Iaconelli, Department of Internal Medicine at the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, who is an expert on the Mediterranean diet and its importance for people’s well-being;
- Professor Sandro Michelini, San Giovanni Battista Hospital, Rome, whose research discovered the first lipedema gene;
- , University Polyclinic Foundation “A. Gemelli,” Medical Genetics, Rome, who is working on the study of fragile X syndrome.
Each professor expertly shared their research on the usage of natural molecules for preventive purposes regarding diseases of genetic origin and eating disorders such as anorexia, obesity, lymphedema and lipoedema.
There are still many more things that MAGISNAT has set out to do, but this event was the first step toward important collaborations between American and Italian research. For example, the partnership with Emory University in Atlanta, whose main goals are patient wellbeing, the betterment of society and the development of scientific research.
For further information:
Company Name: MAGISNAT
Contact Person: Matteo Bertelli MD, PhD
Address: Atlanta Tech Park
107 Technology Parkway Suite 801, Peachtree Corners, GA 30092